A competitive enzyme immunoassay for the detection of raw and heat-treated cow’s milk in milk from other species.
The Plus Cow’s Milk ELISA is a fast screening tool for the detection of cow’s milk residues in milk products from other species. The test can be used for such purposes as:
- Quality control of the incoming goods, for example for the detection of residues of cow’s liquid milk in goat’s liquid milk batch to detect contamination before a batch is processed further.
- Quality control of a final product, for example for the detection of residues of cow’s milk powder in goat’s milk powder as a result of cross-contamination between production batches.
- Validated with different samples from dairy companies, both liquid and powder samples.
- Applicable for fresh and heat-treated samples.
- Short assay time (45 minutes in total).
|Test format||Microtiter plate with 96 wells (12 strips with 8 wells each)|
|Sample preparation||Dilution (100 times) in dilution buffer.|
|Incubation time||45 min|
|LOD (Detection limit)||Cow’s liquid milk in goat’s/sheep’s liquid milk 0.2 %, |
cow’s milk powder in goat’s/sheep’s milk powder 0.2 %,
cow’s colostrum powder in goat’s whey powder 0.2 %
Goat milk, sheep milk, goat’s milk powder, sheep’s milk powder.
|Detection range||0.125 - 4 %|
|Detected analyte||Cow’s milk in milk from other species.|
|Evaluation||Microtiter plate spectrophotometer (450 nm)|