The VitaFast® Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) microtiter plate test is a microbiological method for the quantitative determination of total vitamin B2 (added and natural vitamin B2) in food, animal feed and in pharmaceutical products. The microbiological test system is in accordance with international norms.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) is extracted from a homogenized sample and the extract is diluted. The diluted extract and standards are applied to the wells of a microtiter plate coated with Lactobacillus rhamnosus. The growth of the bacteria is dependent on the vitamin content of the sample or standard. Lactobacillus rhamnosus belongs to the lactic acid bacteria, and has an absolute growth requirement for the vitamin B2 (Riboflavin). Thus, this organism is ideal for quantification of vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) in food and dietary supplements. As a group, the lactic acid bacteria are good candidates for vitamin analysis due to their genetic stability (resistance to undergo mutation), simple metabolic requirements, ease of maintenance and general safety as a non-pathogenic organism.
- External Certificate AOAC-RI 100902.
- The test system is very robust and well suited for routine analysis.
- The VitaFast® test kits feature uniform procedures across the product line.
|Test format||Microtiter plate with 96 wells (12 strips with 8 removable wells each)|
|Sample preparation||- Liquid samples (added pantothenic acid): enzymatic treatment, extraction, sterile filtration and dilution. |
- Solid samples (added pantothenic acid): sample homogenization, enzymatic treatment, extraction, centrifugation and dilution.
- Liquid and solid samples (added and native pantothenic acid): sample homogenization, enzymatic treatment, extraction, centrifugation and dilution.
|Incubation time||44 - 48 h in the dark at 37 °C (98.6 °F)|
|LOD (Detection limit)||0.0018 mg / 100g (ml)|
|LOQ (Limit of quantification)|
0.04 mg / 100 g (ml)
Multivitamin juice, fitness drink, fruit gums, candies, pills, capsules, vitamin mixes, cereals, baby food, bread, flour, meat, meat products, milk products, yeast, yeast products.
|Detected analyte||Riboflavin concentration|
|Evaluation||Microtiter plate photometer 610-630 nm (alternativ 540-550 nm)|