VitaFast® Pantothenic Acid
Art. No.: P1005
The VitaFast® Pantothenic Acid microtiter plate test is a microbiological method for the quantitative determination of total pantothenic acid (added and natural pantothenic acid) in food, animal feed and in pharmaceutical products. The microbiological test system is in accordance with the international norms.
Pantothenic acid is extracted from a homogenized sample and the extract is diluted. The diluted extract and standards are applied to the wells of a microtiter plate coated with Lactobacillus plantarum. The growth of the bacteria is dependent on the vitamin content of the sample or standard. Lactobacillus plantarum belongs to the lactic acid bacteria, and has an absolute growth requirement for the pantothenic acid. Thus, this organism is ideal for quantification of pantothenic acid in food and dietary supplements. As a group, the lactic acid bacteria are good candidates for vitamin analysis due to their genetic stability (resistance to undergo mutation), simple metabolic requirements, ease of maintenance and general safety as a non-pathogenic organism.
- External Certificate AOAC-RI 100904.
- The test system is very robust and well suited for routine analysis.
- The VitaFast® test kits feature uniform procedures across the product line.
|Test format||Microtiter plate with 96 wells (12 strips with 8 removable wells each)|
|Sample preparation||'- Liquid samples (added pantothenic acid): sterile filtration and dilution.|
- Solid samples (added pantothenic acid): sample homogenization, extraction, centrifugation and dilution.
- Liquid and solid samples (added and native pantothenic acid): sample homogenization, enzymatic treatment, extraction, centrifugation and dilution.
|Incubation time||20 - 24 h in the dark at 37 °C (98.6 °F)|
|LOD (Detection Limit)||0.0035 mg / 100 g (ml)|
|LOQ (Limit of quantification|
0.04 mg / 100 g (ml)
Multivitamin juice, fitness drink, fruit gums, candies, pills, capsules, vitamin mixes, cereals, baby food, bread, flour, meat, meat products, milk products.
Pantothenic acid concentration (Ca-pantothenat)
|Evaluation||Microtiter plate photometer 610-630 nm (alternativ 540-550 nm)|